One of the top requested skills in the Middle East is Social Media, both for full time and freelance positions. In this post we discuss why it’s becoming harder to fill that position and how you can successfully fill your social media requirements if you are a business in the UAE or greater Arab Region.
1. Social Media is a very broad term:
Decide WHAT the person needs to be doing exactly. Will they be creating content that will sit on social media sites? Will they need to make sense of the numbers from social media? Will they be creating and running social media advertising?
2. Secondary Skillsets:
- If creating content – you may need someone who is bilingual. Consider a Translator or Writer
- If you need to optimize performance and want to understand analytics – you might find similar skills in a person who understands Google Analytics or has performed analytics for in house company data
- If you need someone to run social media advertising and campaigns – you probably need someone to design the ads and other propietary photos / videos to share. Consider a graphic designer to deliver this content for you
3. Multiple language Social Media
One of the unique factors in the Middle East is the fact that people use social media in their native tongue (Arabic) but can perform any other aspect of business on and offline in English. Because of this, many companies decide to make each of their posts bilingual, posting both arabic and english at the same time. There are of course many other languages spoken in the Middle East (french, farsi, hindi, urdu etc) but the majority of times, arabic and english are the preferred languages.
You will find it hard to source a person who has equally strong language skills AND is proficient at the different skillsets mentioned above. Those types of people are in extremely high demand and very limited supply.
So what can you do to solve this problem? If you’re not finding a person you may decide to outsource to a dedicated company who can handle it for you. Another more recent solution is from Qordoba. Qordoba is a fast growing translation company and has just launched its social media translation package with affordable tiered rates.
You can either:
- create your english social media updates in bulk and manually send them to Qordoba for translation
- post as you would normally, Qordoba monitors your accounts and automatically translates and posts for you in real time
The benefit of using Qordoba is that it allows you to have the best of both worlds at a great price, allowing you to get started with your social media quicker.
Nabbeshers who are posting jobs, get a 10% discount for the rest of June when using Qordoba Social Translation
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and use “nabbesh offer” in the subject line
Don’t forget to post your jobs on www.nabbesh.com and follow us on our social media channels for more tips